UURC Assessment: a battery that may include oral reading accuracy, oral reading rate, oral reading fluency, reading comprehension, word recognition automaticity, spelling, phonemic decoding efficiency, listening comprehension, alphabet knowledge, and concept of word.
- Phone the clinic at 801-265-3951 to schedule a basic assessment appointment for your child.
- Basic assessments last approximately 45 minutes and cost $50. Payment is made at the time of the appointment in the form of cash or personal check. The UURC does not accept debit cards.
- When you arrive at the clinic, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire designed to help us understand your child better. If your child has cognitive, psychological, emotional, or physical issues that affect his/her reading ability, please bring copies of prior assessment results with you to the assessment appointment so that we can include them in your child's file and evaluate them as needed.
- A clinic staff member will assess your child in some or all of the following areas: oral reading accuracy, oral reading rate, oral reading fluency, reading comprehension, word recognition automaticity, spelling, phonemic decoding efficiency, listening comprehension, alphabet knowledge, and concept of word.
- UURC staff members will work as a team to evaluate your child's assessment results and determine if intervention is warranted.
- You will receive a written summary of the assessment results and recommendations within two weeks or so of your child's appointment. If you have questions about the results, please feel free to call the clinic for explanation/clarification.
- If UURC intervention was recommended, your child's name will be place automatically on the waiting list. You will be contacted by telephone as soon as an enrollment opportunity becomes available.